A classic treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day!
chocolate- chip vegan banana bread
- 2 cups of flour(your choice, I use all-purpose)
-1 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-1 cup of white sugar
-1/4 cup of oil (or 75 grams of melted margarine)
-4 Ripe bananas
-1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C// 350°F
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt
3. In a separate, larger bowl, combine the sugar with the oil (or melted margarine). Lightly mix together using a whisk, to combine thoroughly.
4. Mash the bananas in a separate plate, using a fork and pressing gently until mashed smoothly.
5. Add the bananas to the oil/sugar mix and whisk together.
6. Add the water in order to liquify the batter lightly.
7. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
8. Sift in the flour until a thickened version of the batter.
9. Add in the chocolate chips and fold over the batter well.
10. Lightly butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
11. Pour batter in and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
TIP: Add some powdered sugar and vegan butter to give it even more flavor!