french crepes (vegan style)
Imagine yourself in a cafe in the center of Paris, this is what these crepes feel like!
- 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (200 grams)
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 to 2 cups (375-500ml) of plant-based milk (I used hazelnut milk which gave it a hazelnut taste)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together with a spatula and add the milk in slowly and continue mixing lightly. If the batter is too thick, continue adding milk until it is nice and light flowing.
2. Heat up a pan, preferably a think pan (known for crêpes) and butter/oil it down to make sure the batter won't stick.
3. Add the batter and tilt the pan to make sure the batter is evenly spread out as a thin layer.
4. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until light bubbling appears and flip it over. You can use this time to do some flipping tricks ;)
5. (If you would like to store your crepes, remember that they can last up to around five days in the fridge and around 3 months in the freezer.)
6. Serve on a plate, with toppings of your choice. I prefer the classic, white sugar or strawberry jam!!
7. Enjoy :)